- What are your hours of operation?
- How do I make a reservation?
- How long will my visit take?
- How do tours run? When is the last tour of the day?
- I have a question regarding the rental facilities, where can I find answers?
- Can I smoke on the grounds?
- Can I bring my lunch and eat on the grounds? Can I bring glass bottles on the grounds?
- I want to book a Group Tour, where do I begin?
- Is the site wheelchair accessible?
- Can I purchase tickets online?
- How do I get directions to Historic Travellers Rest?
- Is there a parking fee?
- Do you have a gift shop?
- I have a question regarding educational programming, where can I find answers?
- I do not see my question listed.
We are open Monday – Friday, 10:00am to 4:30pm and Sunday, 1:00pm to 4:30pm. Click Here for Hours & Operations.
Tour reservations are required for groups of 12 or more. You may contact our Rental Coordinator and Group Sales.
The tour of the historic house runs 45 minutes. Our new exhibit averages 20-30 minutes and can be done before or after the historic house tour. Exploration of the grounds can be done at your leisure but average time is around 15 minutes.
Upon arrival to the Visitor’s Center, you will check in at the Visitor's Center, and your tour will begin within 30 minutes. The last tour begins at 3:30pm.
Can I schedule a photography session at Travellers Rest?
Absolutely! With our huge trees, beautiful historic house and formal garden, Travellers Rest is great for school groups, family photos, engagement pictures and other special occasions. We charge $50 per hour for single, couples and families and $100 for large groups (such as school groups, proms, corporate photos) with a one hour minimum required. To schedule a photgraphy session, contact Rosemary Fields, Rental & Group Sales Coordinator, at 615.832.8197.
You may find questions regarding rentals for special events and weddings here or you may contact our Rental Coordinator and Group Sales.
No. We have a designated area at the crib barn porch for smoking. Please ask staff upon arrival, and they will direct you to the location. All cigarette butts must be thrown away in the appropriate place.
With the purchase of a Grounds Tour ticket you may bring food and drink, but we require all trash be collected. We do not allow glass bottles or alcohol on property.
We have many options for group tours. Please visit our Group Tours page for more information on packages.
Yes. The only area inaccessible is the upstairs of the historic house.
No, but we are currently working to provide you with this feature soon!
Please visit our Hours and Directions page for more information.
No. Our on-site parking is always free.
Yes. Our Visitor’s Center houses our Gift Shop. Stop by and check it out!
You may find questions regarding educational programming here.